Current employment opportunities at T-Formation. Click the links below to apply.
Department: Art Department
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-exempt
Shift: Day, Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm
Reports to: Art Manager
This is an advanced art staff position at T-Formation. The employee shall be responsible for all aspects of preparing the artwork prior to t-shirt printing. This includes, but is not limited to, preparing the client’s original digital art files, recreating art, illustrations, layout, computer design, color separating files, updating the Shopworks database, and reviewing printed samples prior to production.
The employee shall be responsible for organizing their daily workload and completing the assigned tasks by the deadline given for the order. This encompasses communicating with other T-Formation staff members and the client about the art, through e-mail or by phone.
This position requires the employee to possess advanced design skills. The employee should be able to design a wide range of creative styles, keep up with apparel print trends, as well as have the in-depth knowledge of the screen-printing process as it applies to producing art for production. This position is held to a higher standard than the production artist position. The employee should have a fluent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, as well as a digital portfolio of artwork for review.
At all times, the employee will project and maintain the highest level of professionalism and helpful customer service to our clients and T-Formation support team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organizing the daily workload in a professional and efficient manner to complete the assigned jobs on a timely basis.
- Preparing the clients provided digital art files for t-shirt printing and assisting the client through the art approval process.
- Designing the sponsor back layouts for T-Formation’s philanthropic clients and assisting them through the art approval process.
- Creates original artwork and assists the client through the art approval process.
- Communicates with clients concerning any aspect of the art for their order. Should be able to recommend or design artwork by working directly with the client.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the art information in the Shopworks system.
- Responsible for separating the art files correctly, and reviewing each plate to ensure accuracy, registration, & printability. The employee will also assist the print production staff to ensure accuracy of the job, by proofing samples of the artwork prior to printing.
- Ability to develop a working relationship with clients on an ongoing basis. Should be able to handle all aspects of a client’s account with little supervision.
- Should have advanced knowledge of simulated process, spot color, Pantone colors, fonts, and t-shirt industry printing techniques.
- The employee is encouraged to learn more about the t-shirt industry and grow in technical and artistic skill. Participation in critiques, seminars, and discussions about any related design topic to further advance the professionalism of the employee is also required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent, required; College degree, preferred.
- 2+ years of graphic design experience
- The ability to generate separations for screen printing from Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop is a MUST.
- Screen printing (t-shirts) experience strongly preferred
- Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop experience a must
- Intermediate MS Office skills required
- Experience in the following applications would be beneficial:
- FileMaker Pro
- Constant Contact
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS
- Detail orientation with high degree of accuracy in interpreting and entering data.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Must be a quick learner and able to absorb new information quickly.
- Ability to follow instructions and meet deadlines.
- Motivated to exceed team goals and build client relationships.
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner and maintain effective working relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to read, write, and understand English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
This is a moderately sedentary position, requiring frequent sitting and close computer and telephone work. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is sometimes required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally lift/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS: The mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
Incumbent is required to exercise effective problem-solving, reasoning and critical thinking skills and deal with customers and co-workers in a professional manner.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a variety of temperature conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Reports to: Production Supervisor/Coordinator/Plant Manager
Press Operator is responsible for setting up and operating the automatic press. Operator must be able to follow written and verbal instructions. Operator must have the ability to solve printing problems, adjust the press to keep a high-quality print. Operator is responsible for good registration, PMS accuracy, and maintaining production at an optimum speed. Operator must ensure production support personnel are always following written or verbal safety guidelines.
Key areas of responsibility
- The Operator receives production order and job assignments from supervisor. Operator reads and understands jobsheet, verifies quantity of garments to be printed, color of garments, size of garments, location to be printed and logo placement
- Operator must ensure all images are printing correctly as instructed on jobsheet
- Operator must ensure all press employees are performing assigned tasks such as setting up jobs, cleaning press area, cleaning press, cleaning tools, and following safety guidelines
- Operator must ensure that all production logs are filled out accurately, daily
- Operator must have all prints approved and signed off by a production supervisor before printing the job
- Operator must have the ability to solve printing issues as they arise
- Operator must ensure everyone at the press is working safely and reports any accidents to production manager or safety coordinator
- Operator must ensure press staff are on time every day as well as on time to and from scheduled breaks
- Operator must ensure the production level of his/her press is at an optimum level
- Operator must perform other duties as assigned
Production Supervisor/Coordinator/Operations Manager
- Ability to operate all functions on M&R automatic screen printing presses
- Ability to setup and register screens in a timely manner
- Basic Mathematic skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and diving
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to follow instructions
- Must have reliable transportation